Thursday 25 April 2013

DIY mini activity booklets.

We did little this week, been busy doing some other fun stuff! :P
 
But, in the midst of all the hectic schedule, i managed to make a little activity book for doll.
  
 
I made a mini alphabet activity booklet for the little one.
 
 
In this book, she has to match the small letters to the capital letters. I could make it a little more prettier, add a flower, birds and bees here and there. But i chose not to. I don't want to clutter it with too much 'noise'. I made it to be what it is meant to be. Also, i deliberately chose the capital and small letters to be in the same color (actually, i prefer it otherwise) to help doll match. At the same time, it works as a 'control of error'.
 
 
I packed the booklet into zip lock bags so that i can easily bring it along with me to entertain doll when we are out.
 
 
Another booklet, i made was on numbers.
 
 
Matching numbers. In this case, i deliberately chose the numbers to be in varying colors. I wanted her to match purely by recognising the numbers and not by color.
 
Laying out the cards for her to match is easy for her-no matter the number of cards we play. So i reckon these mini books would help to bring up the level of difficulty for her. She now has to search the page herself by flipping the book in order to look for the right match. I can see it is alittle challenging for her- good!
 
 
I also made some mini color cards (for easy travelling). Here she has the match the correct colored words to the cards.
 
 
Learning about big and small.
 
These are cards to help her visually discriminate big versus small. As she work on them, i can hear her say 'big frog' *match the cards*, 'small frog' * match the cards*. Oh, i am but a proud mama! *Beam*
 
I would love to share these printables here. But bear with me while i figure out how to share documents on the blog. So do keep a look out!

8 comments:

  1. I love this idea and I think it's gonna be one of my next projects! Just need some Velcro and cardstock !

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very nice! I especially love the Alphabet book!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks! It's very useful for our holiday!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi, those activity booklets are just perfect for traveling and keep the little ones busy. You can upload the file on web sharing website like yousendit.com , etc. Hope we can see those printables soon.
    Thanks for sharing !!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the suggestion! I'm quite a dimwit when it comes to such things! Will look into it and try my hardest to figure it. Bear with me tho, I got to do this while managing my kids! :p

      Delete
  5. I love this idea! Simple and edutaining! And I totally agree with you on not cluttering the cards too much, sometimes, simple is the best for kids! They can focus on the main object more. I have some interesting DIY learning too. Hope you can check them out and give me your comments too!
    http://kidsrsimple.com/2013/04/06/learning-math-simple-division-using-bottle-caps/
    http://kidsrsimple.com/2013/04/04/learning-math-mass-using-lego-blocks/

    ReplyDelete