Thursday 23 May 2013

Movable alphabet with a twist

Babydoll has learnt letter recognition and letter sounds. Logically, the next step to do is to start her on reading words. Admittedly, i don't know if she is ready. But i think no harm exposing to her since she is showing no resistance either.
 
 
 
I made a little book comprising of 'at' family words.

 
On each page, is a picture of the word she is suppose to form. For this, my DIY movable alphabet came in mighty handy!

 
What she has to do is to select the correct beginning letter sound of the shown picture.

 
While she can clearly name all the objects/animals in this book, i still had to guide her by saying the letter sounds for her. On hearing the letter sound, she has no issues picking out the correct letter.
 
I don't know how much of it got into her, but i reckon with consistent exposure, she'll get it some day! :)

5 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow... you made this yourself? really envy... I've not really custom made things for the kids, I'll just search the internet for the materials closest to what I had in mind and modify from there... not much time to start creating from nothings....

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is a great way to introduce the word family. I'll keep this activity in mind when my boys are ready to learn more. Bookmarking this.

    ReplyDelete
  4. It was inspired By me friend over at playhood :p. glad you enjoy her blog too! :))

    ReplyDelete