Monday 23 March 2015

Mr Lee Kuan Yew



It is a extremely dark day for Singapore. Our founding father, Mr Lee Kuan Yew, has ended his journey. 

I didn't expect that he's demise will hit me so hard. I couldn't stop tearing the entire day. When I picked my kids up at their schools, I saw other moms, red eyed & teary. He's departure hit us like a ton of rocks. I feel like I lost a beloved grandpapa.

Mr Lee, you knew me not. But you forsaw me and my generation & fought hard for us. You strove all your life so to give us an education, housing, clean streets and clean government- a country where we can live in peace and securely. 

I thank you for taking the hard road for us. Your work has not been wasted, what you have endeveoured to give us, we now have. I hope our generation and generations to come will carry on your legacy, continue to build our nation. You will forever be in our hearts & minds. 

Now be at rest. 

No comments:

Post a Comment